Gnome new governance and other updates - https://thisweek.gnome.org/posts/2022/05/twig-43/
Nvidia moved many features behind firmware before opensourcing it’s kernel - https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidias-moved-most-of-the-code-to-firmware-before-releasing-open-source-linux-drivers/
Budgie submitted for inclusion in Fedora 37 - https://www.reddit.com/r/Fedora/comments/uq3gah/budgie_desktop_has_now_been_submitted_for/
- I finally ditched Windows and only have Fedora installed on my laptop
- I have Fedora installed to my 500gb ssd and I created a raid 0 between my 2 nvme drives to put all my games on.
- I had to fix a permission issue before I could install any games to the mount point. I set the permission on the btrfs subvolume to 770 so that my user and group have full access to the mount. I made sure to give no permissions to everyone so that it's a little more secure.
- After setting those permissions I could install all my games and play them.
- Jedi Fallen order works fine now I can pause the game and resume and it plays normally.
- Horizon zero dawn can now use dlss.
- One issue I am still having is very strange. I could open the steam flatpak via the app icon totally normally until I set my nvidia gpu as the primary active gpu. After that I now have to use the
flatpak run com.valvesoftware.Steamcommand to start steam. When switching back to intel/nvidia or just intel gpu the app icon can start steam again.
- Wayland was a no go for any of my games so I am back on Xorg. Other than games though, wayland has come a long way and works with all my other applications.
Nobara Project 36
My attempt at upgrading failed. NP documented a fix to allow for a successful process but after completion there were too many issues with the nvidia kernel to make it worth sticking with the installation. I opted for reinstalling.
Discord - https://discord.gg/CddBwcFs
Send us an email at [email protected]
Music from this episode
"Bit Quest" and "Basic Implosion" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License